Big Bad
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum sur le jeu Kromaster arena, on line et jeu de plateau.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

Partagez

[WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Frozen-thorn
Buisson

[WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn Empty
MessageSujet: [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn   [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn I_icon_minitimeSam 31 Mai 2014 - 21:35

Map description: This map contains 32 starting cells (10 per side; 8 exclusive and 2 shared), 30 kamas, 4 trees, 0 bushes, 4 boxes, and 2 demon cells.  While opposite sides are completely symmetrical, adjacent sides have a different composition.  This map was designed after a floating fortress.  It has limited vegetation due to high altitudes and traps to catch intruders.  The pits on this map and their gameplay mechanic were inspired by the existing krosmaster maps that contained pits.  The pits contained bones, riches, weapons, and arrows but beyond aesthetics there were no reasons for so many casualties to occur in those areas.  I created this map to address that by making the pit area a dangerous place for Krosmasters.

Mechanic:  Arrow trap - When a lever (circle) is dealt at least one damage of any type, it activates the arrow trap in the adjacent pit area (red cells).  The arrow trap deals 2 neutral damage to each Krosmaster in the pit area (red cells).  The lever (circle) will reset at the end of the players turn that it was activated on.  While each lever (circle) is activated by taking damage, levers can never be destroyed. Krosmasters also cannot move onto the cell where the lever is located.

Movement restrictions: Moving into the pit area (red cells) costs 1 MP, while moving out of the pit area costs 2 MP.  You can be pushed or attracted into the pit area (red cells), but you cannot be pushed or pulled out of the pit area.  Kickmaster and Charge abilities are also restricted from being used to move out of the pit area (red cells).  Also, you cannot move, be attracted, or pushed on to the air (blue cells).

Targeting restrictions: The air (blue cells) cannot be targeted by attacks or summons.

Notes: The map favours long ranged characters due to the vast open areas; however, it does provides some cover through the centre corridor for melee characters.  The dangerous positioning of the only Demon cells available creates a risk vs. reward scenario for those who wish to buy demonic rewards.  When players attempt to access the Demon cell to shop for demonic rewards, they will be forced to protect the lever for the pit they are entering.  If they do not, they will likely be punished due to the MP restrictions on leaving the pit (-2MP to move out of it, as opposed to -1 MP), which will leave their Krosmasters vulnerable for at least one turn.  Pushing and attracting abilities may also be useful to set up large scale attacks using the arrow trap.

Development process: Currently playtesting the most recent layout.  I'm considering adding in a couple more trees to give melee characters more cover.  Feel free to give me some feedback.  I'm open to changes in the design.

Here is the technical version of this map (made in MAP Aboum):

MAP LEGEND:
Green cell = regular (no effect); Red cell = pit area; Blue cell = air; Circle = lever

[WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn The_sk11

Here is the aesthetic version of this map (made in Adobe Photoshop):

[WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn The_sk13

Dernière édition par Frozen-thorn le Ven 6 Juin 2014 - 5:37, édité 2 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Gnomercy
Ramasseur de kamas

MessageSujet: Re: [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn   [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn I_icon_minitimeLun 2 Juin 2014 - 13:49

The only thing I would work on is maybe rearranging a few things on the map so you get more variation when rotating. Right now it looks like the only big difference is how close you are to the mechanisms trigger, but the starting squares allow a push to the mechanism in the orientation that is far away anyway. You don't need to be adjacent to the trigger to attack it though, so unless you made it an action similar to pushing ice cubes in Frigost (must be adjacent, costs 3 AP), that wouldn't matter.

If you did change it so that you had to be adjacent to the trigger, it would be harder to catch your opponent going for the demon square/kamas. To keep that a viable strategy, you could say mechanisms trigger both pits.

It doesn't look like you need to add any bushes. Celestial holes work exactly the same as bushes anyway, so you don't want to make it any more difficult to move around.
Frozen-thorn
Buisson

MessageSujet: Re: [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn   [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn I_icon_minitimeVen 6 Juin 2014 - 5:21

I made a new version of the map. I tried to make it less symmetrical between all sides (so when you rotate it, it will play differently. I also made the pits a lot larger so that they're more of a threat; however, the levers are now relocated directly in the centre with trees on both side. This will force the opponent to move further in order to activate it.

Feel free to leave more feedback on the new design. Thanks.

[img][WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn The_ar10[/img]
Frozen-thorn
Buisson

MessageSujet: Re: [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn   [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn I_icon_minitimeVen 6 Juin 2014 - 20:44

In response to a critique that the map still was not different enough when the map was rotated, I created this next version.  Let me know if this one is any better.

[img][WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn The_ar12[/img]
Gnomercy
Ramasseur de kamas

MessageSujet: Re: [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn   [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn I_icon_minitimeSam 7 Juin 2014 - 2:48

Celestial holes are good. The pits will still be relatively similar when rotated.

Look at starting positions in regards to pushing. They don't have to be changed, but just be aware of them.
Frozen-thorn
Buisson

MessageSujet: Re: [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn   [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn I_icon_minitimeDim 8 Juin 2014 - 1:45

As my map had 2 mechanics (additional movement costs and a lever activated trap), I had to drop one for my submission.  Here's the new version:

Map name: The Arrow Pit

Map author: Frozen-thorn

Map description: This map contains 32 starting cells (10 per side; 8 exclusive and 2 shared), 32 kamas, 8 trees, 0 bushes, 4 boxes, and 2 demon cells.  This map was designed after a floating fortress.  It has limited vegetation due to high altitudes and traps to catch intruders.  The pit areas (red cells) on this map and their gameplay mechanic were inspired by the existing krosmaster maps that had pits.  The pits contained bones, riches, weapons, and arrows but beyond aesthetics there were no reasons for so many casualties to occur in those areas.  I created this map to address that by making the pit area a dangerous place for Krosmasters.

Mechanic:  Arrow trap - When a lever (circle) is dealt at least one damage of any type, it activates the arrow trap in the adjacent pit area (red cells).  The arrow trap deals 2 neutral damage to each Krosmaster in the pit area (red cells).  The lever (circle) will reset at the end of the players turn that it was activated on.  While each lever (circle) is activated by taking damage, levers can never be destroyed. The levers (circle) do not block line of site.  Krosmasters also cannot move onto the cell where the lever (circle) is located.

Movement and targeting restrictions: You cannot move, be attracted, or pushed on to the celestial holes (blue cells).  The celestial holes (blue cells) cannot be targeted by attacks or summons.

Intention of the design: The layout of this map was designed to force players to risk leaving themselves vulnerable at times.  When navigating the map near the pit areas (red cells), they will risk being attracted or pushed into to it.  Players will have to be especially cautious when leaving a Krosmaster in the pit areas (red cells) at the end of their turn.  They will have to consider their opponents' range and abilities to determine whether or not they are at risk.  Locking will also have a significant impact on the game as players may force their opponents to remain vulnerable in the pit area (red cells) for consecutive turns.  While a single attack for 2 neutral damage is not overly powerful, if multiple Krosmasters are caught in the pit at once, it provides an opportunity for even the weakest Krosmasters to deal a significant amount of damage.  While players may try to avoid the pit areas (red cells), players are encouraged to travel there with a number of kamas and the only Demon cells that are available.

Here is the technical version of this map (made in MAP Aboum):

MAP LEGEND:
Green cell = regular (no effect); Red cell = pit area; Blue cell = celestial hole; Circle = lever

[WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn Arrow_11

Here is the aesthetic version of this map (made in Adobe Photoshop):

[WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn The_ar13
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn   [WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn I_icon_minitime

[WIP] The Sky Pit - Frozen-Thorn

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1